Monday, October 15, 2012

Palm Springs Getaway

This past weekend I had the pleasure of getting out of town for a couple of days. I chose Palm Springs because my parents used to have a house there and I've always loved it for both its proximity to L.A. and its tranquil remoteness. Hardly true R&R, as I had to get back to work on Sunday, but it was the closest thing to a summer vacation that I've had well, all summer. And it's very important to make time for one's self, even if only for a day or two. This gives one time to get outside of the technology/ information haze and into the mode of clean thinking and just being. If you reboot your computer, you should understand the need to reboot your soul even more. Thus, needless to say, this mini stay-cay was much needed! 
We stayed at the Ace Hotel, which is more 'rugged' but has some pretty rad design elements to it, not to mention a posse of Palm Springs hipsters who frequent the pool. This can be fun, but also a bit exhausting when you're just a couple years shy of 30 and looking for more of a holistic escape. So next time I'd like to try out The Parker, for more intimacy, relaxation, funky glamour and a change of scenery.
 One of the many fun pieces of furniture/ rugs at the hotel. 

 My natural skin care travel essentials.
 The fun waiting room for the Feel Good Spa, where I got an all-natural, raw superfood facial. It was awesome and pure, just the way skin care and self-pampering should be. 
Poolside Beauty Sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment